Monday, April 20, 2009

Birthday Week April 20, 2009

I have had a good week. We had a lot of support from the members and we set five or six baptism dates. It was a great week. We had a baptism planned but it was stake conference and so we didn’t do it. We are saving it for this next week.

I had a great birthday. We had good lessons and also got an egg to the head and cake to the face. Ya it really happened. I don’t know why, but they have some really weird traditions here.

Last week we went to a stadium and played soccer and then went and bought souvenirs. I will be sending a small package home this week and it will have something for everyone. Also some photos. Today is a free day and we can do anything we want.

My companion is from Pisco which is in Peru. He is a “Chombon”, no just kidding. He had six months and Yes now I am the leader. We are teaching a lot of good people.

Ailton who is a man who has friends in the church and wants to get baptized. This week is his date.
Janz and Carlos are two kids whose parents are members.
Erick who has been investigating the church for four years.
There are others that will soon be entering the water. We have been working with a couple that if we baptize them it will complete a family. We have been working hard with them. Yesterday the wife accepted. It was really cool. We just need to get him to accept now. This week we will be working really hard with him.

I have really felt the Lord’s help here. I have had the help of the Holy Ghost telling me what needs to be done and what to say. I know that the Lord loves us, everyone of us and he really wants us to know that. He is ready to give us his blessings but first we need to ask and work for them.
I know the Lord has blessed us so much in our lives and I am extremely grateful for this opportunity I have to help others have and feel the love of the Lord.


I love you all tons and I am grateful for your love and support.

Love, Elder Hyde

No comments: