Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Hi everyone! We're tying to play catch up with Derek's Blog. We started a little late and so we're going to try and catch you up on Derek's MTC experience by taking bits and pieces of his letters from the MTC. The direct quotes from his letters will be in italics. Enjoy!

June 26, 2008 (Second day in MTC)


"We have learned a lot of Spanish but it is really hard to retain a lot. It is like trying to drink out of a fire hose that is turned on all the way. Good analogy, huh?"



July 23, 2008

"Today I got my hair cut. She asked me if short was okay and I said ya. I just didn't know short meant SHORT. It's not bad but it is shorter than it's been in a long time. Nobody cuts hair like you Mom."





August 13, 2008

"This morning we went to the temple and went through a session. It is always good to start out the day at the temple."








"It is really fun singing in Spanish, but it is kinda wierd too. I bought a childrens song book so I could sing along with my IPOD. I really like to sing, I don't know why. We go to choir every week, I really enjoy myself."


Here is the rest of Derek's MTC pictures:

(You can click on the window to see the pics bigger)



No comments: