Monday, January 26, 2009

Spritual Lessons January 26, 2009

It's good to hear that you are all doing good. That is really cool that
Dallin Craven is going to South Africa. Hopefully he is ready for the heat.
My week went really well. I don’t have to much time I think I might have enough time to write and tell you about spiritual lessons that we had throughout the week.

It all started with a reference from one of the members in our ward. We
contacted her and set up an appointment. We visited her and she had called her cousin to come listen to us. These last two weeks we have been visiting them frequently. Every time we go we can feel the spirit so strong. They don’t asked stupid questions either, they are very good questions that we can answer simply with a scripture or two. They are keeping their commitments to read and pray. They know that it is true. One of them was having a hard time accepting a baptismal date because his family is Catholic and he doesn’t know what they will think. He also thinks that it is really fast to accept a fetcha. (baptism date)

We talked to him one day this week and we read Mosiah 18:8-10 (the
part where it says "mourn with those that mourn and stand with those that stand in need of comfort.") and he said that he wants to do these things. then we read verse 10 and it says then what is stopping you from being baptized. It was amazing the spirit was so strong and then the three of us prayed. then we sat in silence for about 2 min. He said yes I want to get baptized.

They are going to Lima this week and won't return till after changes so I kind of want to stay here for another change. He says that every time he prays he feels peace and calm.(answer from God Galations 5:22-23)

This was a good week and my eyes are better. My health is good. The weather here is off and on rain and after the rain it is really, really HOT. We are thankful for the rain, but the bad thing is the mud. Well, my time is almost up. I just want to say I love ya´ll very much. I hope you all have a great week this week.
Sorry if this letter isn't very long or very good. The time limit is killing us.

No comments: