Monday, March 23, 2009

Last Week In Pucallpa.......Going to Iquitos March 23, 2009

Hey hey hey how is my family? I am doing really good we had some really cool experiences this week.

First we had a huge marriage for like 13 couples that wanted to get married and afterwards were baptized. We had one couple that got married but they didn’t have the attendance (at church) that is needed to be baptized. It was a really cool experience to be able to participate in.

The youth of the stake had a culture party where they danced different dances typical of Peru. We went to see how many new people we could find to teach, so we got to see the different dances. It was cool.

This week it has rained really hard for three days and some of the streets were flooded. I made sure to keep away from the crap holes. : ) ( See story of crap holes on Jan. 7 2009)

Yesterday I did my last split here in Pucallpa with Set. Yep, that means that I am leaving. I get to stay in the jungle. I am going to Iquitos. The area is 9 de octubre. I am going to be comp major. (senior companion) aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hope I am ready for that.

We are planning some baptisms for this week and I am a little bummed to go but I know that I will have much success in Iquitos.

This week we are going to do a talent show for the stake to say goodbye we are going to do a number.

I hope everything is going good there, it sounds like everyone is having fun.
I love you all and send my best with lots of love .
love, Elder Hyde

1 comment:

Taylor Griffin said...

Hi Sis. Hyde,
Elder Griffin has been in Iquitos for a while and now has another 6 weeks there. He loves it there and is thrilled that he gets another 6 weeks. I hope that Elder Hyde loves Iquitos as much as Taylor has. Thanks for keeping up the blog so that we can keep up on what other missionaries in Lima North are up to. Thanks again,
The Griffins