Monday, June 1, 2009

13 Baptisms for the month.....BUSY.....June 1 2009

Well we had a pretty good week this week. We ended up with 4 baptisms and confirmations. I got to baptize all four. It was a family of three (yesica, Melissa and Mateo.) and a kid whose sister is a member and now we are working with their mom. It was really good; we decided to do a massive baptism with all the missionaries from our district. We had thirteen baptisms together.

My comp and I ended the month with 13 baptism but as of right now only 12 were confirmed, because the other said that the bishop told him he should come to church with a shirt and tie. He doesn’t have one. So this week I will give him one of my shirts and ties.

During the week I am not to stressed, but come the weekend the stress rushes in. The last two weekends have been a little stressful, but I am sure it is just because of all the success and trying to get things done. The wards are throwing a little more responsibility on us, like they want us to teach the gospel principle class and other things. But it is all part of the mission and I am enjoying myself.

It has really been nice to sleep in a hammock. But I don’t use a mosquito net. But a lot of bug spray I do use and it seems to work good.
I did finally get the digital frame to work. I found the reset button but had a little bit of fear to push it. I pushed it and it didn’t erase anything but now it works.

I did get the package sent. You should be getting it in the next week, week and a half. It cost me 84 soles to send it. Like 27 bucks. I hope you enjoy what’s in it. The hammock doesn’t look that sturdy but it is.

I hope you all have a great week and that all goes great. I love you all very much. Love Elder Hyde

No comments: