Monday, June 8, 2009

Alligator burger and civil unrest. June 8, 2009

Hey, hey, hey, what’s up its great to hear that you got the package, have you tried out the hammock. Well those things are for y´all, you can do what you want with them.

We had a pretty good week this week. I was a little less stressed out this weekend.

Well last Monday we went to a restaurant that sells good American hamburgers. But it was really expensive but delicious. This week I think I will try the alligator burger.

I don’t know if you heard anything about Tarapoto or Moyobamba but there is like a civil war and so the other day we couldn’t leave very much. When we did it was in pday clothes. It makes me so trunky and I feel so bad when we don’t go out or when we are in pday clothes. This happened the last week too. We woke up with a bunch of garbage in the streets and people breaking glass bottles in the streets it is a little weird here sometimes. But nothing to worry about. Read more about this story http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/06/05/peru.indigenous.clash/index.html?iref=newssearch

We have been trying to prepare a massive marriage, and get people to obey the law and commandments, we are trying to get two couples to get married and then baptized. We went to another area to find a couple that we had been helping but we didn’t know the exact direction. We asked like 20 people where it was but they didn’t know how to give directions very good so I just got more confused. We finally asked someone if they could show us and we finally found them. It was a miracle that we found them.

On Thursday we went to the church and the bishop told us that one of our old investigators was getting baptized this week and we were shocked because he doesn’t have permission from his parents and bishop said well he is going to seminary but we cant give him credit because he is not a member yet. We are going to talk to him this week and hopefully resolve some things.

I bought a memory stick to store all of my pictures and then delete them from my cards I am running out of room on them. It is 8gb and it only was like 25 bucks. It was cheap.

I love you all so very much and hope that this week rocks.


love Elder Hyde

No comments: