Monday, June 15, 2009

Another Six Weeks in Iquitos. New Companion and Good Friend Dies June 15, 2009

Hey hey hey. How was your week? Ours was alright. We ended the week with a baptism and finally the other was confirmed, after almost a month. We have had a little bit of a rough time these last few weeks. I don’t know if I told you but we as a mission ended may with 404. Which was awesome.

This week we had to stay in our house again because there was another riot. It’s not too bad it is just an excuse to put garbage in the streets and break bottles and play in the streets. (Soccer and volley)

Something really sad happened this week, one of our members was traveling to Lima on a bus and Thursday we heard that the bus had rolled off a little cliff and the member had passed away. We went Saturday to see his viewing and he looked pretty bad. It was kind of a sad moment for me but I knew that he was called to the other side to complete his other mission. He was a good friend and helped us a lot. Everyone says that he went knowing that something was going to happen. He told the bishop in an interview that he felt he was going to die. It was a little strange.

Well today we found out the changes and I will be staying one more change here and my comp is leaving. My new comp will be elder Lazo. I am glad that I am staying, but I am going to die of the heat. It gets so hot some days. I am just glad I am not going to Lima.

I hope you all have a great week this week and a fun one too.

love Your son ELder Hyde :)

No comments: