Monday, August 17, 2009

I WILL MAKE MY STUMBLING BLOCKS BECOME MY STEPPING STONES, TO KEEP GROWING August 17, 2009

Hey sorry for the delay. Today we left early to go to the center of Lima to take pictures of the different buildings and churches and stuff. We also climbed a really tall steep mountain that has a cross at the top, I was so glad when we finally climbed in a car. It was a great day. We ate for lunch papa johns pizza.

Our week, well it started out really well with my first district meeting and my first training that I gave to my district. I think it turned out pretty good. We then did a few practices. Well it just happened to be that the assistants showed up for a surprise visit. Elder Rich and Elder Santiago, I talked to E Rich a little, it was great to see him again.

This week I did a work visit with one of the elders in my district (Elder Hill) and it turned out alright and we had a lot of fun, that day I cursed myself, I told him I hope we don’t eat fish. Guess what we ate for dinner, FISH. Well Elder hill is from Oregon but lived in Clearfield Utah for a while.

This week we climbed a lot of hills in our area we basically went to the top of all of them that we have. There are like 4 or 5. We did a lot of contacted this week because the appointments that we had fell thru. It seemed like the higher we went the more humble the people were. It’s a little different from the states usually there the people higher are richer.

We had a few challenges this weekend, we had a baptism planned and she passed her interview and everything, come Saturday, (by the way it was horrible for us; few lessons, people that didn’t want to let us in) we show up to the church at 6 30 and get ready for the baptism and get our excitement up. And we waited until 7 when our baptism showed up ready to get baptized. But where was everyone else, we had told them throughout the week that there was a baptism and including that afternoon we stopped by a few to remind them. But come 7:45 only two sisters show up, we had no priesthood to help us so we called bishop and he said he was on his way. But by the time he came it was 8 and we had to be in the room so we asked Rosario if we could do it next week and luckily she was alright with it. So we announced it good in sacrament meeting.

Well come Sunday we also had a little bit of a bad day. Nobody that we needed to go to church went to church. So we were a little bummed. We even took a picture of us that looked like we were hanging ourselves with our ties :( Then we went home said a little prayer and started singing some hymns to get a spiritual boost, and really I know that our prayers were answered. We contacted a lot of people that had gone to church and that have heard from the Elders before but were not baptized before and so we still have a chance to get in some baptisms for this month. I love the hymns they are so powerful. Well despite the disappointment at the end of the week we are started a new one and it will go better.

Today we had a great time in the center of Lima and I bought two new shot glasses and some really big socks that will keep me warm at night. Dad about the idea of the notebook, I did start one in Pucallpa just because my comp made me. I was thinking why, but now I know why and I am glad that he made me, for the same reason that you said. (This notebook contains testimonies of members and new converts. We think that he has a testimony of his friend that was killed in an accident while he was in Iquitos.)

WELL LOVE YOU ALL AND HOPE THAT ALL GOES WELL THIS WEEK AND I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR LETTERS NEXT WEEK. :)

LOVES AND KISSES ,

FROM ELDER HYDE

No comments: