Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Comas, New Companions, Exciting Week. Aug 3 2009

Derek was expecting to be a trainer this change. He thought he would get a new missionary right out of the CCM to train. When this happens they become a "papa" to the "new kid". He talks about this in his letter and I thought it might need some explanation.

Hello my family.
All is well here. We had changes on Wednesday and it was a little sad to leave Iquitos. Monday and Tuesday we spent saying goodbye and getting ready, I didn’t get to bed until 1:00 am because I was packing and writing goodbye letters.

Tuesday the leaders called me and told me I had an abortion, my son didn’t show up. He didn’t get his visa I think. I don’t know if he was gringo or where he was from.

So right now I am with two gringos who will be leaving to go back to Bolivia tomorrow. So I will have a new comp or I will have a mini missionary for the change.


Well I am really busy in the night and I don’t have a lot of time to write in my journal but I will try to get better and faster as time goes on so I have more time. Right now I am in an area called Comas. We have had a lot of success this last four days. We went on divisions for an hour yesterday and had a lot of success; It is a really good ward that we are in, a lot different than the jungle. They are a little bit more spiritual here, maybe because they have a temple close.

It has been a little crazy with two gringos, but also a big help, they have been leaders here, but now were taking down to junior so they could leave, so that has been a big help for me they are training me.
Speak about training I guess I have had two abortions, the two of them had problems with visa I think. I guess I am just not ready to be a father. Oh well I am a little glad because I was a little scared with all the new responsibility.


Well this week we had a family that they have been teaching for a little while that are amazing. We went Saturday to do service, and they promised to come to the church. Come Sunday we waited and waited and waited and half way thru sacrament they showed up, it was awesome to see them, today we will set a date with them. Well we are also teaching a women named Rosario and she is amazing. She is defending the church, and she basically taught her brother lesson one using the index. We also have 3 young people that have members in their families, that we will start teaching and baptize. I have really been blessed with a good area.



I hate to see my comps go because they have really been a great help for me. Elder McGary and Elder Mangum. McGary is from Taylor (really close to us.), and Mangum is from Ohio. Mcgary has 18 months and Mangum has 14 one change more than me. We are having a lot of fun here. I will miss them. We will see I think we are in for some big surprises this week.

I love you all TTTTTTTOOOOOONNNNNNNNSSSSSS
LOVE YOUR SON AND BROTHER
ELDER HYDE

I asked Elder Hyde several questions that he answered in a separate email.

He has lived out of one suitcase since November because he has been in the jungle. I asked if he got his other suitcase.
I DID AND I WAS SURPRISED TO SEE WHAT I HAD LEFT.
He doesn’t need shirts, pants or shoes, but he would like some UNO playing cards.

What is your area like?
UP AND DOWN BUT MORE UP. YES IT IS BASICALLY HILL, AND UP HILL IS WHERE WE GO MOSTLY.

How many companionships in your district?

I HAVE FOUR ELDERS AND FOUR SISTERS. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH IT IS A BIG DISTRICT, THE REASON I SAY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, NOT ONLY FOR THE SISTERS. THE DISTRICT DIDNT HAVE GOOD NUMBERS THIS WEEK IT WAS A LITTLE SCARY I HOPE IT GETS BETTER.

No comments: