Monday, May 3, 2010

Book of Mormon Challenge 60 days May 3 2010

Well this week went really good. We had been working with three families less active and the three of them have gone to the chapel. It feels really good when you see them go to the church and feel the spirit there. A lot of the less actives are less active because they are passing thru some problems. Sometime I feel like a psychiatrist, because the people are always telling us their problems and we have to tell them how to resolve them. But the answer is easy. Go to church, pray and read the scriptures.

Yesterday one sister was having a really hard time with her daughter that we baptized, she had to change schools and it was a big change for her and the daughter doesn’t want to study. I think we were led by the spirit yesterday to her house. As we were walking to another appointment that we had planned, I felt really strongly that we should visit them. I was very happy that we were able to help them. Something I don’t really like is that when they tell the burdens it is almost like it becomes yours. I think I now know what it means in Mosiah 18:8-9.

It was a really good week, we took out 4 new dates. Thursday, the Chavez family (Maria, Milagros, and Julio) and sister Mariela Amaya. Before she just wanted to listen to us and she felt that that was enough. She didn’t want to get baptized or go to church. She always put excuses not to go like the studies. But the last week she went and felt really good and she told us this week that she wants to get baptized. Wow what a great experience.

We also had to split the wards with two other missionaries because there are some missionaries that have problems with their visa to go to Venezuela. So we took the two wards where there are baptism, and left them with the one that doesn’t. We have been working really hard these last weeks.

I am getting along with my comp and I feel the blessing of the lord, so much in the baptism and being able to feel and follow the spirit. I have had a great time serving the Lord and I will make the best out of the 2 months that I have left. Not that I am counting.

I challenged yesterday the sister Meri (from up top with problems.) that she could read the Book of Mormon in 60 days. Before I leave we will be finishing the Book of Mormon. I too committed to read it. I know that the lord loves us. He wants that we all are happy he just asks that we do the little things to receive the big blessings. I love the Lord and I love all of y’all.

I hope that this week goes great.
LOVE ELDER HYDE
chaaaauuuuu
talk to you Sunday...................................

No comments: