Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Great Conference Week October 5 2009

Well it was a great week; we had a great weekend. Conference was so good. I loved the Saturday session, the morning and the priesthood session. They had really good counsels for all of us. Most of all I loved the talk of Elder Ballard (priesthood). He talked about the role of sons and fathers. It was a powerful talk by Elder Holland, about the book of Mormon. It was great.
This week was a little hard, a few things happened that screwed our time up a little. We had interviews that lasted a long time, conference and also our comp got a new comp so we spent a little time getting that changed. We have found some really good people this week I hope.

Monday- we wanted to go to this house of inquisitions, but we couldn’t the Catholics didn’t want to let us in. so we went to a coin house, where they have old coins and show how they have changed with time. It was ok, but not what I was hoping to do.

Tuesday- I tried to give my district excitement to work. We talked about referrals and working with the members. It is really important that we work with them, like we heard in conference.

Wednesday we worked a full day. We had to stay in the house a little while to fix our bathroom. It was one of the things that killed us this week.

Thursday we had interviews and we also started late.

Friday we got a new companion and lost time.

Saturday we had conference all day.

Sunday was also full of conference.

Now I am excited to get back to work. I would live to have conference every weekend. That would be the best thing ever. I think I took conference for granted at home. I didn’t get much out of it. But here in the mission they are the best.

I know that the church is true and that the Lord is always there for us. He has his arms stretched out ready to receive us when we need him.
I am grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord in this time and in this place, to help everyone I can in this time.
I love you all so much and hope your week is good.

Hey maybe you could do something for me. Can you find the poem “Footprints in the Sand” in Spanish?
Well I am going to run to the bank now, so I will talk to you next week.
Love you all so much, your son Elder Hyde
CH0A CHOA

No comments: