Monday, November 23, 2009

Tomas is baptized, Great week even with illness. November 22 2009

Holy crap, it must be cold there. I wish we had snow here, we just have a lot of pollution in the air that sometimes looks like it might be snowing in the distance.
Hey we had a weird week this week. Weird, but alright. First we had a free p-day that we could do anything we wanted, we played Uno, our pension had cards. We also went to print pictures, which took pretty much all afternoon.

Tuesday we had a reunion with the district and I talk and gave a training about the Book Of Mormon. It was really good and I found a quote in “Preach My Gospel” that says we should value The Book of Mormon because it is very special and we should present it in a very good way so the people will want to read it. I have come to love the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon has all the answers to our questions. It is a very important book in the conversion of the investigators. If they know the Book of Mormon is true they will know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the church is restored. I love the Book of Mormon.

Wednesday we had a full day of work, it was a hot day but my comp was feeling really cold. So he put on his sweater and everything. We went to teach and all was good we just couldn’t walk fast because if we did we would have to enter in the house to sit on the throne. So it wasn’t just he was cold but with the runs.

Thursday one of our dates fell because she feels bad and her husband was putting bad thoughts in her mind about baptism. We reset it for this week and she is not going to tell her husband. She has been listening to the missionaries for over a year I think and finally she is going to enter the water. She is what we call a dry member, she has assisted the chapel for a long time everyone knows her and are trying to help her get wet.
Thursday we spent half the afternoon in the house because my comp could not eat or hardly move. I did get my package, it was full of goodies, thank you. I love the shirt(BYU), the other elder gringo likes Utah and we fight some times about who is better.

Well the rest of the week we kind of took it easy because the four of us were a little sick, all have been in the bathroom and vomitando in the street. It has been a really gassy week. We have been farting and burping all weekend.(sorry for the grossness but I don’t have any other words to explain it.)

One highlight of our weekend was that Tomas got baptized, it was really good and he was one of those references that is prepared to get baptized. Bishop is a good friend of his and got to baptize him. It was really special. Other than sickness, we to had a great week.

Today we will be playing I think. I need to print some pictures so I will be prepared to say goodbye a todos here if I leave. I don’t want to leave but I have that feeling that I will be.Well my time is up but I love you very much and can’t wait to hear from you next week.
I hope you all have a great week.

Elder Hyde

No comments: