Monday, November 30, 2009

Two Baptisms, Changes this week. Where will I go? November 30 2009

Well we had an excellent weekend. We finished with two wonderful wet people.

First we had the sister Eustaquia Luna. This is the sister of the fam Luna, they are really cool. Eustaquia has been listening to the missionaries for over a year now. Every time she accepts a date something gets in the way. Usually it was her husband or family. She asked us if she could do it without telling her family. We said ya if you think that will help you get baptized. So this is what we did and it worked out. She is really a good lady and has a strong testimony about the church. She told us that they did their wedding the same way. The family didn’t know, they didn’t believe it until they saw the papers of their wedding. That is how we did her baptism.

We also baptized Karla, a joven de 12 years. It all started with a contact that we did when we were in a threesome. We contacted the father and he said we could teach his family. The mom was listening for a while but didn’t show much interest in getting baptized. We worked mostly with the daughter. After about two months teaching and trying to get permission we finally got it. We had a really good experience with her. She really loves music and magazines, and has magazines of a lot of artists. She loves to talk. We would go to teach and it would take about two hours to teach her and then they invited us to eat.

We had one baptism at 5 o'clock and the other at 6:30 pm. I had the privilege to baptize both of them. I only have one pair of pants and my companions didn’t fit me. So I did the first baptism, wrang out the clothes and packed them to to to the other church to do the other baptism.

Well that was basically our week. I guess I will be visiting and saying goodbye to the people that I helped baptize. I will be flying to MOYABAMBA to be LIDER DE ZONA. Zone leader with my old companion, Elder Garnica. I was with him in Pucallpa. It is going to be another adventure. I am kinda excited but also really nervous. WWWWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!
I think President is putting a lot of trust in me and I am going to do all that I can to make him proud. It will be a great change. I will miss this area and all the members that are here.
It will be great to get to know new ones.


I have had a lot of experiencias especiales. Sorry I forgot how to say that in English. I love you all very much and can’t wait to tell you about my new area.

Other fun things
Derek got our last package and it did not look like it had been gone through.

Derek attended testimony meeting for the missionaries that are going home this week. He thought there were about 22 elders going home. Four of Five of them from Utah.

President Perez mentioned that he had spoke to Former Elder Rich and that he would be visiting Peru this week.

Derek’s “Son”, the elder he trained, will be going to Iquitos. He will serve in the opposite zone that Derek served in while in Iquitos. He hopes he did a good job training him.


No comments: