Saturday, January 23, 2010

Trip to Lima, Saying Goodbye, and New Companion Elder Moreira January 18 2010

Well this week was alright. My comp said goodbye to the family Cubas and they all cried. We then did some other things and got my comp ready to go.

Tuesday we got everyone to come here to Moyobamba from our zone and we had a sleepover because we wanted to leave early in the morning. And well you probably know that we didn’t go to sleep very fast we played Uno and also some other card game. It was a really good last night with the entire zone.

Monday I had a little time so we went to a store here and looked at the cameras because I wouldn’t have time in lima to do it. I bought a Panasonic Lumix. When I got home and looked at my old one it is the same kind. But that is alright, because my old one is a good camera, just that it didn’t have sound and that it killed the batteries and that it was huge. The new one is the opposite of those things. I was very happy with the purchase. It was 480 soles. Like 170 dollars. It is a little bit better quality then the other. 10 mega pixels and 4x zoom.

Wednesday we traveled early in the morning to go to Tarapoto and the airport. I had time to kill in Tarapoto so I hooked up with elder Sweet and we played basketball for a little. It is so hot there just standing on the concrete with your shoes and everything you could feel the burn.

We flew out of there at like 8 and got to Lima at like 11. It was a long, long, mas o menor horrible flight. I was so tired but I can’t sleep on the airplanes.

Thursday we had a great reunion and got all the packages packed in my suitcase and left to the airport. We flew home and got to Tarapoto at 10 at night and I was tired of traveling so we decided to stay in Tarapoto the night.

We then left Friday at like 8 in the morning and got home at 10. it was also a long trip and I felt really sick afterwards. My comp and I went to lunch and the sister said that we were really pale.

We have two people that we are getting ready to baptize a kid of 9 years and also a man of 80 years. He has lost a leg to diabetes but has a really good attitude and has great faith in the Lord. He is excited. We are also trying to excite his granddaughter too.

My new companion is elder Moreira he is from Ecuador. I am still trying to get to know him these last few days we have been working really hard and have been so tired that we haven’t really talked, we get home plan for the next day and get ready for bed and we are out. But my goal this next week is to get to know him and know more about his family.This week we have a lot of good things planed. I hope that we will be able to accomplish all of our goals.

President said that if we are not baptizing we are not happy, and if we are not happy we are sad and if we are sad it is because we are not baptizing. In a way it is true and it is the way that we feel that we are working. Even sometimes that we don’t baptize we are happy just knowing that we did what we could for the week.

We have four new missionaries in the zone. We have planned today just to play in the chapel a little and get to know everyone a little better. Then next week when we have a little bit more time to plan we will go sight seeing.

Well my time has come to an end. love you all so very much and pray that all goes well in this week.

love your son, y brother elder hyde

No comments: