Monday, March 1, 2010

Back to my Birthplace March 1 2010

Well It has been a great week.

Monday we had the day to work and say goodbye to all the members in Moyobamba. It was a great time. It was the hardest thing not to cry when we left the fam Cubas. I did it though. The hardest thing there is a little kid that when I went to shake his hand, he grabbed my legs and gave me a hug and started to cry. I was shocked and a little sad.

Tuesday we had to pack and get ready to leave. We left Moya at 2 pm and got to Tarapoto at 4:30 pm. It was a long trip. We had an elder that left at 6 pm to go to Iquitos and so we all had to go early to the airport to see him off. We waited there for another 3 hours till our flight left.

Wednesday I met my new companion, we came home and unpacked a little. I washed a few things so I could work in clean clothes. There was no time to send them in Moyo. We then got to work. We have been working hard all week. This is a great move, I am back in my birthplace (this is where I started when I came to Peru) and I am enjoying it. Some people remember me and the memories are all coming back to me. It is good to be able to see some of the people and see their reaction to seeing me back. They can see me speaking a lot more. My companion is Elder Caceres from Guatemala. He is so funny. He has 2 months in the mission. We are getting along great. We joke around and really estamos enjoying this time. We are going to have success in the work of the Lord in this change. I can taste it now. It is going to be great.

Well I don’t have much to say right now. I do have to tell you I had my first bad experience with a dog this week. It came out of nowhere and vanished in a twinkling of an eye. Don’t worry I washed the wound with alcohol and water and all that I had with me.

I got the package with the calendar and candy. Thanks, it is a great calendar.
We did not feel the earthquake. People just talked about it or I would not have know that there was an earthquake.

Love you all lots and hope that this week goes just great.
Love Elder Hyde

No comments: